Surface Preparation and Membrane Removal
This is the removal by Ultra High Pressure of epoxy coatings, paint, renders, screeds, tar, plastics etc.
Methods of removal are:
By hand lance
By vacuum recovery rotary equipment – Hand held Aquablast
By adapted mini-digger
Apart from removing a membrane, and by using the appropriate jet nozzle, the surface of concrete is left scabbled ready for future applications.
UHP Surface preparation allows for the removal of coatings, contaminants and rust and is rapidly growing in popularity as a surface preparation technique, especially in favour to more traditional abrasive blast cleaning techniques.
The principal advantages of water over grit for surface preparation are as follows:
• Only water, delivered at pressures up to 40,000 psi/2,700 bar is used
• Only small volumes (10/22 litres/min) of water are used
• No pre-works sheeting out of the works area is required
• No risks of damage to adjacent equipment from spent abrasives
• No personnel hazards from discharged airborn abrasives
• No large isolation areas created
• Close interface with other work disciplines
• Rapid follow on Inspection possible
© NET Waterjet, Unit 1, Mid Friarton, King James Business Park, Perth, PH2 8EL
|Road Line Marking and Floor Coating Removal|
|Robotic Demolition and Surface Preparation Equipment|
|Heat Exchanger, Condenser & Tube Bundle Cleaning|
|Drill Pipe Cleaning & LSA/NORM Scale Removal|
|Coring and Floor Sawing|
|WJA Training Provider|